Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sighs

You sigh too much, he said,
why do you do that?
How could I say that my
soul sighed, that my heart
released held breath because,
of what it knew and could
not say, that with each sigh,
the sadness was expelled,
just for that one brief
moment, until life drew
back in again, the grief he
had ushered into my mind,
and which pulsated through
my veins, like blood, over-
salted, and sometimes bitter,
lingering in the mouth, clinging
to the tongue, washing teeth,
set, resolute and ready;
because there was nothing
I could do to change what
was, or who he had become.
And so I sighed. Too much.

4 comments:

  1. When a person's soul sighs, it just sighs. One cannot change what is, even if one would wish to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mary. I have read it is a way to re-balance breathing so a sign of stress and the natural wisdom of the body.

      Delete
  2. When one sighs it is a resignation to the situation and a resolution to deal with it. That he objected says that he already knows perhaps feels guilty perhaps wishes resolution, perhaps not. Take a deep breath and fight!

    ReplyDelete