Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Adytum


Inner shrine holds sacred court
which I can grace alone,
and others are forbidden;
my heart, my soul, my home.
Adytum.


In silent words of  worship,
is the prayer sent forth,
as mind in ritual solemnised;
brings spiritual to birth.
Adytum.

With breaths of new beginning,
and chants of ancient tone,
the Self resides in chapel;
the many made as one.
Adytum.

This place of hidden being,
is where the work is done,
and all can be connected;
God's work revealed as Love.
Adytum






Adytum.
It means:
1. (in ancient worship) a sacred place
that the public was forbidden to enter;
an inner shrine.
2. the most sacred or reserved part
of any place of worship.

http://margoroby.com/2013/06/25/poem-tryouts-define-it/#respond

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. That works. The word is perfect for what you did, isn't it? Even if I didn't know its meaning, I would feel it from the poem.

    ReplyDelete