Monday, September 2, 2013

I knew that love would hurt


I told myself when I was twelve
I would not fall in love,
and then I would be safe.
But love like friendship happens,
it cannot be arranged,
and love came out to find me...
and I fell into his arms.
And then my son was born,
and love held even tighter,
but ready always to be more,
with a daughter to enfold.
I knew that love would hurt,
but I did not know how much,
our souls are stripped and hung
upon the cross of heart's own truth.
The gift of deepest feeling,
holds curse within its breast,
and yet they must walk hand in hand,
for us to truly live.
I knew that love would hurt,
but I did not know how much,
and neither did I know the price,
was small, for what it bought.
That treasure wrought as joy and grief,
sculpts sure, digs deep, reveals
the depths of self, the source of life,
the power of Love eternal.




No comments:

Post a Comment