Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Red Rose



Drowned in scarlet
is the rose, releasing
sweet perfume, calling
to the butterflies, and
serenading bees. So
this ancient flower,
fluffs petals to the
wind, unravels from
the bud, blossoms on
a whim. Delicate but
strong, rooted to the
earth; spiked through
stem and twig, glory
surely birthed. Aeons
in the making, ages
lost in dreams, so the
rose in redness spreads,
opens wide; redeems.

https://dversepoets.com/2020/02/18/poetics-to-be-a-flower/#comment-201578

7 comments:

  1. serenading bees - lovely! I imagined some drunken bees hovering, beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought of the redeeming rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'eons in the making, ages lost in dreams'- sigh....Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I many ways the rose is the perfect flower... love the thought about it being for eons in the making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose has been loved for aeons.... it is a part of our history.

      Delete
  5. I love: so the rose in redness spreads

    Sascha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel your love for the rose. The pleasure it has given all through the ages is to be commended. I enjoyed reading your poem very much.
    Jade Li/Lisa at tao-talk.com

    ReplyDelete